Four Mounds Ropes Course
|Built in 1992, the Ropes Course has developed into one of the premier leadership training sites in the Midwest. Constucted of wood, cables, and ropes, the Ropes Course is situated in a pine and hardwood forest on the beautiful Four Mounds Preserve overlooking the mighty Mississippi near
For more information or to reserve the Ropes Course, please see www.teambuildingblocks.com or call 563-556-0985 or e-mail Dan Block.
People utilizing the Ropes Course can be accomodated at the Four Mounds Inn. Many groups and individuals can benefit from the Four Mounds Ropes Course and the opportunities that it provides.
The Ropes Course is open year round for training of :
• Corporate Groups
• Sports Teams
• School Faculty and Students
• Support Groups
• Youth Organizations
• Church Groups
• Any Group Looking for Growth
What Is The Ropes Course?
The Four Mounds Ropes Course is a series of group activities including physical, mental, and emotional challenges. A combination of teamwork skills, physical dexterity, effective problem solving, and trust is required to successfully complete the course.
The blending of both high and low elements is used in the Ropes Course. The low elements are constructed at ground level, while the high elements are constructed 20'-40' above ground, among the trees. The course is designed to be a reassuring and safe environment, emotionally and physically, for participants to challenge themselves and learn together.
What are the Ropes Course goals?
• The Ropes Course is used as a tool to inspire individual and group growth.
• The elements of the course are designed to take individuals beyond their comfort zones and beyond their own expectations to a higher level of self-worth.
• Self-esteem is built, communication is heightened, and a bond between people is developed.
• In all Four Mounds activities, participants are engaged in "Challenge by Choice."
• The power is given to team members to choose the level at which they wish to participate. A reasonable willingness to try is crucial for success.
• The mastering of a particular event is not as important as the attempt. It is through a series of these attempts that groups become teams, and strangers become friends.
• It is well documented that persons who go beyond these self-imposed boundaries become more self-confident and in tune with self-awareness.
All instructors are fully trained and certified.