No other organization serves the Dubuque community as distinctively as Four Mounds Foundation.
- Each year, we welcome approximately 25,000 people to our site – listed on the National Register of Historic Places – featuring 60 acres of bluffland along the Mississippi River, historic gardens, miles of hiking trails, and rare oak savanna.
- 15 historic buildings are open to the public and serve as an Inn and Events and Conference Center to provide support for Four Mounds critical service programs.
- An on-site challenge ropes course serves thousands of youth and corporate teams annually.
- Four Mounds reaches more than 200 youth annually through restoration and adventure programs and hundreds more through recreational activities.
- The Dubuque Winter Farmers’ Market is a Four Mounds Program provided in partnership with committed volunteers.
- Four Mounds now offers a Membership Program to grow our community of support and to sustain Four Mounds’ historic and natural treasure and vital programs for at-risk youth.
Our mission is to preserve, educate and serve.
To that end we:
- Preserve the natural, architectural and historical resources of the Four Mounds estate
- Educate with hands-on opportunities for youth and our community
- Serve through leadership, stewardship, and innovative partnerships.